Sea Bass with Serrano Ham and Summer Vegetables
RecipeA simple dish but one that is packed with flavor, it is a light meal to enjoy alone or with friends and family. Enjoy the contrast in flavors, textures, and ingredients, and allow them to transport you to a summer’s scene. Lean into the process of creating this recipe, and dare to add a little heat…
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
4x Sea bass fillets
1/8 cup zucchini, peeled slices
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup asparagus spears
1/4 cup Serrano ham, diced
1x Lemon, zested
1/8 cup pea shoots
Serving suggestion: We finish this dish with a sprinkling of chili flakes, adding a subtle but welcome heat to the plate.
1. Season the sea bass fillets with a good quality sea salt, and then fry over medium heat with 2 tbsp. unsalted butter.
2. While the sea bass fillets are frying, blanch the vegetables in boiling water, but be careful not to overcook them; we recommend around 30 seconds each. Run them all under cold tap water to halt the cooking process.
3. Add the serrano ham, lemon zest and vegetable stock to a medium-sized pan, bring to the boil and add a tbsp of unsalted butter to the mix.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil for one to two minutes until the mix becomes thicker and reduces in volume.
5. Reduce the heat, stir in the vegetables and simmer until warmed through.
6. Remove the sea bass from the heat, the underside of the sea bass should be a gorgeous golden brown.
7. Serve the vegetables and add the sea bass fillets on top. Finish with a sprinkling of chilling flakes and enjoy.
This dish is easy to create and delicious to enjoy. Our Pacific Stone pasta bowl makes the perfect dish to serve and enjoy this recipe in.