Gordon Ramsay Coconut Mussels
Amaze on Maze with this elevated every day recipe, created by Gordon Ramsay's chefs.
Enjoy casual dining, dressed up, with these coconut mussels.
Ingredients: Serves 2- 1kg fresh mussels, scrubbed clean and any beards removed
- 50ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, halved lengthways
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Method1. Put a large heavy-based saucepan with a tight-fitting lid on a high heat. When hot, add the mussels and wine. Clamp on the lid and steam for 3-4 minutes until all
the mussels are fully opened.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in another large pan. Add the garlic, lemongrass, chilli and spring onions. Toss together over a medium-high heat to soften.
3. When ready (the mussels should have all opened), strain the mussels through a sieve to catch the cooking liquor. Add this to the garlic pan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice. Simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce slightly.
5. Meanwhile, discard any mussels that haven’t opened during cooking. Divide the mussels between two serving bowls. Remove the lemongrass from the broth
then ladle over the mussels and top with a few coriander leaves, plus more chilli and spring onion if you like, to serve.