Moroccan-Style Roasted Vegetables and Fluffy Couscous
This recipe is perfect for entertaining, as well as using up the veg you have leftover in the fridge. It's an easy-going recipe that takes inspiration from Morocco, packed full of flavor and fragrant touches. Have this one to hand for those last-minute plans and lazy Sundays, so you can spend more time enjoying those little moments.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 Minutes
- 2x Large parsnips, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 3 2/3 cups carrots, quartered
- 1x Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3x Garlic Gloves or 3tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. Harissa spice mix
- 1 2/3 cup Couscous (75g per serving)
- 3 tbsp. Honey or Agave syrup if vegan
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2/5 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 428°F/392°F
- Add the cauliflower florets, quartered carrots and parsnips, crushed garlic, and harissa spice to a non-stick roasting tray. Drizzle 3 tbsp. of honey or agave syrup, and olive oil equally over the vegetables. Sprinkle a generous 2 tbs. of harissa spice mix and toss well until all the vegetables are completely coated
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and caramelized; ensure to open up the oven to toss and mix the vegetables occasionally
- With 10 minutes left on the vegetables, take a heatproof bowl; a small glass mixing bowl is perfect, add the couscous, 1 tbsp. Olive oil and 1 1/2 cup steaming hot vegetable stock and mix gently with a fork.
Tip: Heat the glass mixing bowl beforehand with warm water; this will ensure the couscous cooks and absorbs as much water as possible.
- Cover the bowl with a plate or aluminum foil and set to one side for between five and seven minutes.
- Carefully remove the cover from the bowl of couscous, and check to see that all of the stock has been absorbed, if it hasn't, set it back to one side for a few more minutes.
- Once all of the stock has been absorbed by the couscous, fluff it up with a fork and add 1 tbsp. Of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, and mix thoroughly.
- Serve equally between four warmed dinner plates, and add the roasted vegetables from the oven. Garnish with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds for that extra special touch.
We served ours with a few dollops of our favorite hummus and a few pieces of warmed flatbread