Pacific Stone Creamy Mussel Linguine and Parsley
RecipeThe perfect dish for a night in for two or to share with friends around the table. The creamy sauce is pure indulgence, and you will truly get lost in every bite. This dish is decadent and will be a topic of conversation throughout the evening and beyond.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
500g Linguine (125g per serving)
1kg rope-grown mussels, washed and cleaned
100ml dry white wine
100g unsalted butter
3x tbsp. white wine vinegar
3x finely chopped shallots
3x tbsp double cream
Extra virgin olive oil
A small bunch of parsley
This dish is perfectly formed on its own, but pair it with a glass of white wine or an alcohol-free spritz. Add the parmesan at the end for that final smattering of flavour.
1. Rinse the mussels and remove beards if required. Make sure to remove and discard any mussels that don't wholly close once they have been rinsed.
Tip: You can compost the mussel shells in your garden, as they are full of nutrients that will help to enrich the soil.
2. Boil approximately two to three litres of water, add a generous pinch of salt and cook the linguine for about 10 minutes or until al dente.
3. While the linguine boils, bring another saucepan with 50ml of cold water to the boil. Add the dry white wine, white wine vinegar, finely chopped shallots and 100g of butter to the saucepan, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Add the mussels and parsley to the saucepan with the wine sauce inside, cover and simmer for five minutes until the mussels are fully cooked, and the shells open up.
5. Gently stir the mussels to coat them in the creamy sauce.
6. Drain the linguine and stir into the mussels and white wine sauce; carefully add the double cream and simmer for a further five minutes until the sauce has thickened.
7. Serve with a pinch of fresh parsley and a sprinkle of freshly crushed black pepper.
If you want to add a little more indulgence to your dinner, add grated parmesan cheese to the top of the dish. Then, sit back, enjoy, and appreciate every taste of the creamy linguine.